Skip to main content

Weekend in Devon

I had a great weekend in Devon. I went down to see my little sister and really good friends of the family she now lives with. Veronica and Peter are friends of my moms and have been really good to us - hence Kathleen living there now. We spent the first evening in, had a yummy stew (Veronica is the best cook!) and played my favourite game - Taboo :)
If you haven't played the game - GET IT! so much fun!
On Saturday we had a nice lie in before heading off to Teignmouth. It was sooo cold! We had planned on doing hill sprints in the morning but woke up too late.


By the seaside in Teignmouth with Kathleen
Veronica is part of an Amateur dramatic society called SBADS. They took part in a festival on Saturday  at The Carlton Theatre in Teignmouth, which involved 5 other acts and we all went to watch it for the day. The play Veronica was in is called 'A life sentence' which is a one act play written by Mark Seamon. It is about a lady who puts her story across about the difficulty and loss of having a husband suffering Dementia. It was very sad and I cried like a baby!

The ticket for the festival

After the first 3 plays we went to a lovely restaurant called 'The Colloseum' and the food was delicious - this is what I wanted to write about really!( http://www.colosseumitalian.co.uk/)
it looked lovely inside and outside
They opened early especially as they knew we only had a short time in order to get back to the play. The waitress was really efficient - got orders in quick and there was hardly a wait for the food. For starters I shared muscles with Michelle. I had the lamb Cutlet for mains which was really delicious, then finished off with a panacotta I shared with Kathleen. Was very nice!

Lamb Cutlet
We then went back to the Theatre for the final production, it was an all day event and didn't get back home until about 11pm! Although reallllyyyy tired Kathleen and I managed to get in some phonejacker prank calls to Amy (other sister) and insisted we watched Paranormal activity 3 - it was really scary!

I didn't manage to do any fitness this weekend unfortunately but I'm sure that wont kill me, I had a great time - love visiting the Brown's :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of fitness journey

Bit of insight into where my interest in fitness started ... As far back as I can remember I have always had insecurities about my weight, this probably stems from my darling brother! I was a chubby baby/child I guess, but he very kindly nicknamed me Oros - In South Africa, Oros is the name of the mascot for an orange squash. Although I was never overweight or fat in any way, it stuck with me that I was the chubby one - my sisters and brother are all skinny! I was a pretty average achiever. I always wanted to do more where athletics/sports team etc were concerned but was never great enough to stand out. I was the one that always went to practice but wasn't noticed, I preferred to mold into the back ground if I wasn't outstanding. I once did a race in primary school, the whole school was there to watch, I think I was coming like 3rd from the back and I didn't like it so pretended I hurt my foot so I didn't need to finish! Naughty naughty! I'm on the lef

Tough Mudder 2013

At the start of 2013 Ryan and I decided we would book all our events/holidays etc and get everything more organised financially and mentally than we had previously. We were planning to book a holiday to South Africa so we needed to be a lot more constructive and 'picky' on what we were going to get involved in. My definite s were 'Legends of Sherwood 10k' (my favourite event), 'Mens health survival of the fittest' (My big Goal) and ofcourse 'Nos Galan' (The big bang to start the new year).  After a few months, Ryan had started researching 'Tough Mudder' and after hearing his friend in Scotland, was going to be taking part, he wanted to do the challenge and eventually persuaded me to get involved too. Unfortunately we booked the event without realising it fell exactly 1 week before Mens Health-so we knew it was going to be an intense time! Tough Mudder  is supposed to be 'one of the toughest events on the planet' and is a 17k o

Trip of a Life Time 2014

January 2013 after my brother, Jonathan and girlfriend Lulani had come to visit us for Christmas - I really wanted to go back to South Africa to visit them, my dad and just experience the place I grew up again. Luckily it didn't take much to convince Ryan to come with me ! In my head I had planned this once in a life time trip - I wanted to go all out and do EVERYTHING. We booked the trip in March (as soon as we could) with Trailfinders. Ryan has a cousin living in Dubai and thought it was a good way to cut short the plane journey and make the most of our holiday to stop off there for a few days on the way to South Africa and on the way back. The plan was to leave the UK 8th January and arrive back on Friday 31st January. Long time hey?? You would think so but I could have easily doubled the time and not have had long enough there ! Our Journey begins...Dubai (8th-12th) The run up to our trip dragged like crazy - I just couldn't wait! I packed and un-packed a milli