Skip to main content

Point to Point

This weekend was very welcomed as I had had a pretty slow week in work! On Friday Ryan and I decided to stay in and chill out. I bought some nice burgers and pudding from Marks and Spencer (with my voucher from employee of the month) and we had a night in. Unfortunately that triggered a full weekend of binging on unhealthy sugary foods!


Our Mountain bikes are still out of order, which sucks as I had planned on going on the bike somewhere with rachelinwales unfortunately we had to rearrange our mtb date for another time. Instead Ryan and I took the road bike out for a little bimble in the local area. I actually really enjoyed it. We did hit a few rain showers on the way but at some points the sun was really shining bright!
boardman hybrid bike
It was a fairly flat ride and some hilly country lanes but I find the Boardman is a very quick bike and assists hugely with the effort of dreaded hills! We stopped at the Maenllwyd pub for 10 minutes to bask in the sunshine before continuing.
Ryan chilling in the sun
The ride took us just under 2 hours and was a good workout but I am really starting to miss the mountains. Hopefully next week we will do Whites Level although I am a bit nervous for that one as I haven't done it before and Ryan said it was very hard. I tried out my 5 ten mtb shoes for the first time and I found them a lot more comfortable than expected and the grip on the pedals are incredible! In the evening we went to go watch Iron Man 3 in the cinema and it was great! I had nandos peri peri nuts, wotsits, sweets and when we got home I had a peice of cheese cake and white chocolate Toblerone!!! Naughty!
Thought Iron man 3 was brilliant
Sunday
Today I was invited to a Point to Point day with some of the girls. They are all horsey people and know what theyre doing when it comes to this, me..not so much! All I knew was the time to get there and it has something to do with horse racing.

Turned out to be horse racing
The weather wasn't the best - very overcast and cold but at least the rain help off! Bec very kindly set up a great picnic for us all with LOTS of food and I didn't stop eating!
Bec arranging the picnic
All the girls were dressed for the day - tweed waste coat and riding boots. I had no clue what to wear to something like this so Bec lent me a pair of boots and her Barbour jacket- I am so glad she did because I was freezing! Everyone seemed to have lots of wine to drink but I stuck to the food, strawberries and cream, jam scones, cheese and crackers and even cupcakes!

Me, Bec and Tors at the jump
I bet on 2 horses, 1 dropped out halfway through the race and the other finished off centre place so I didn't win anything but I really enjoyed the day and had more than a few laugh with my drunken friends!

I came home at about 7pm feeling great for having a fab day ut and catching up with friends and also terrible/gross for having eaten so much crap this weekend - I am certain I have gained a few pounds and I was too late to hit the Gym before it shut! So, with Ryans encouragement I decided to do a little run on the treadmill. Unfortunately 1.37 minutes in I had to emergency stop the machine as my shins hurt so badly!

ice therapy
I then sat for 15 minutes with a bag of frozen rice on my shins. This is really depressing me now - as soon as I start to see progress, something like this stops me! I don't care how I feel tomorrow I am going to do a run!

On another subject, my skin care is going well - I am enjoying it and my face constantly feels very moisturized now. I really tried to persuade Ryan to try it and got very grumpy when he refused!


Ahh well - another week starts tomorrow, one of which I plan to really knuckle down at the gym, I am aiming to increase a few weights and be very careful with my diet as a good detox from this weekend! I hope to feel more positive this time next week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of fitness journey

Bit of insight into where my interest in fitness started ... As far back as I can remember I have always had insecurities about my weight, this probably stems from my darling brother! I was a chubby baby/child I guess, but he very kindly nicknamed me Oros - In South Africa, Oros is the name of the mascot for an orange squash. Although I was never overweight or fat in any way, it stuck with me that I was the chubby one - my sisters and brother are all skinny! I was a pretty average achiever. I always wanted to do more where athletics/sports team etc were concerned but was never great enough to stand out. I was the one that always went to practice but wasn't noticed, I preferred to mold into the back ground if I wasn't outstanding. I once did a race in primary school, the whole school was there to watch, I think I was coming like 3rd from the back and I didn't like it so pretended I hurt my foot so I didn't need to finish! Naughty naughty! I'm on the lef

Tough Mudder 2013

At the start of 2013 Ryan and I decided we would book all our events/holidays etc and get everything more organised financially and mentally than we had previously. We were planning to book a holiday to South Africa so we needed to be a lot more constructive and 'picky' on what we were going to get involved in. My definite s were 'Legends of Sherwood 10k' (my favourite event), 'Mens health survival of the fittest' (My big Goal) and ofcourse 'Nos Galan' (The big bang to start the new year).  After a few months, Ryan had started researching 'Tough Mudder' and after hearing his friend in Scotland, was going to be taking part, he wanted to do the challenge and eventually persuaded me to get involved too. Unfortunately we booked the event without realising it fell exactly 1 week before Mens Health-so we knew it was going to be an intense time! Tough Mudder  is supposed to be 'one of the toughest events on the planet' and is a 17k o

Trip of a Life Time 2014

January 2013 after my brother, Jonathan and girlfriend Lulani had come to visit us for Christmas - I really wanted to go back to South Africa to visit them, my dad and just experience the place I grew up again. Luckily it didn't take much to convince Ryan to come with me ! In my head I had planned this once in a life time trip - I wanted to go all out and do EVERYTHING. We booked the trip in March (as soon as we could) with Trailfinders. Ryan has a cousin living in Dubai and thought it was a good way to cut short the plane journey and make the most of our holiday to stop off there for a few days on the way to South Africa and on the way back. The plan was to leave the UK 8th January and arrive back on Friday 31st January. Long time hey?? You would think so but I could have easily doubled the time and not have had long enough there ! Our Journey begins...Dubai (8th-12th) The run up to our trip dragged like crazy - I just couldn't wait! I packed and un-packed a milli