Skip to main content

Healthy Habit Challenge

So on the 1st September I started a huge challenge which I plan on carrying ot for an entire year.


I have 2 weddings next year, one in August which I am a bridesmaid for and the second is in September and in Cyprus. So instead of me waiting for a month before and crash dieting, I have decided to start building healthy habits throughout the year which are going to benefit me in the long run.

They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. I am going to pick a variety of challenges and do a new one every 21 days for the entire year.

I started the first on September 1st which is drinking a minimum of 3 litres of water a day. It is now 17 days in and I can definitely see the benefits already. My skin is much better, I have lost body fat as I am naturally picking healthier options and I have an increase in energy. I have started a YouTube channel to document the whole journey Andy give tips on what works and what doesn't.

tips on how to drink more water

The next challenge which will start on 21st September is waking up at 5.30am every morning. This one is going to be very hard for me as I really struggle with getting to bed early enough. At the end of the 21 days, if it sticks great, if not I will just move on to my next one.

I am marking it on a calendar at the end of each day to give me a visual on my progress


I need help on picking other habits so if you are reading this, please put something down, whether it is something you would like to adopt or if you are curious on the changes/benefits to doing it and I will try it out.

A couple of examples of ideas I have are;

  • Go vegetarian/vegan
  • Try Gluten free
  • Go for a morning walk every morning
  • Call someone new everyday to reconnect and work on relationships 
Please give me more ideas. Thanks for reading 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of fitness journey

Bit of insight into where my interest in fitness started ... As far back as I can remember I have always had insecurities about my weight, this probably stems from my darling brother! I was a chubby baby/child I guess, but he very kindly nicknamed me Oros - In South Africa, Oros is the name of the mascot for an orange squash. Although I was never overweight or fat in any way, it stuck with me that I was the chubby one - my sisters and brother are all skinny! I was a pretty average achiever. I always wanted to do more where athletics/sports team etc were concerned but was never great enough to stand out. I was the one that always went to practice but wasn't noticed, I preferred to mold into the back ground if I wasn't outstanding. I once did a race in primary school, the whole school was there to watch, I think I was coming like 3rd from the back and I didn't like it so pretended I hurt my foot so I didn't need to finish! Naughty naughty! I'm on the lef

Tough Mudder 2013

At the start of 2013 Ryan and I decided we would book all our events/holidays etc and get everything more organised financially and mentally than we had previously. We were planning to book a holiday to South Africa so we needed to be a lot more constructive and 'picky' on what we were going to get involved in. My definite s were 'Legends of Sherwood 10k' (my favourite event), 'Mens health survival of the fittest' (My big Goal) and ofcourse 'Nos Galan' (The big bang to start the new year).  After a few months, Ryan had started researching 'Tough Mudder' and after hearing his friend in Scotland, was going to be taking part, he wanted to do the challenge and eventually persuaded me to get involved too. Unfortunately we booked the event without realising it fell exactly 1 week before Mens Health-so we knew it was going to be an intense time! Tough Mudder  is supposed to be 'one of the toughest events on the planet' and is a 17k o

Trip of a Life Time 2014

January 2013 after my brother, Jonathan and girlfriend Lulani had come to visit us for Christmas - I really wanted to go back to South Africa to visit them, my dad and just experience the place I grew up again. Luckily it didn't take much to convince Ryan to come with me ! In my head I had planned this once in a life time trip - I wanted to go all out and do EVERYTHING. We booked the trip in March (as soon as we could) with Trailfinders. Ryan has a cousin living in Dubai and thought it was a good way to cut short the plane journey and make the most of our holiday to stop off there for a few days on the way to South Africa and on the way back. The plan was to leave the UK 8th January and arrive back on Friday 31st January. Long time hey?? You would think so but I could have easily doubled the time and not have had long enough there ! Our Journey begins...Dubai (8th-12th) The run up to our trip dragged like crazy - I just couldn't wait! I packed and un-packed a milli